This bike is getting some refinements before going back on the road. I had it completed once using mostly stock parts but had some problems so am upgrading. It is using a mid-drive unit from EcoSpeed. It is nice because it allows the use of the power curve on all the rear gears, very fast. I replaced the rear hub with a Shimano Nexus, upgraded the tires and brakes. I still need to finish mounting everything on the bars, which has some limited room. Had to compromise where the throttle was placed. I’ll post some photos when I finish it. The right rear seat brace is broken at the lower mount. This is common for this vintage of bike. I need to braze it back on.
bikeE electric recumbent bike project